Kate banjo

Independent Mortgage / Protection Broker

Call me : 01270 845 345 - 07493 094 940

Helping You Find the best Mortgage deals

I am an Independent Mortgage and Protection Broker based in the Crewe / Nantwich area and advise clients all over Cheshire, Greater Manchester and North Wales. I work for My Mortgage Brokers who are based in Chester, Cheshire. I have been working in the Financial Services Industry for over 11 years and have helped many different clients to find their dream home, review their buy to let portfolios and remortgage their current borrowing. During this time I have gained extensive knowledge and developed my skillset to allow me to provide a bespoke and professional service to my clients.

Being an Independent Mortgage and Protection broker, I recommend mortgages and protection policies from the whole of the market and am not tied to a specific panel of Mortgage lenders. Combining this with my expertise in lenders criteria and my wealth of experience within the industry, I am able to offer my clients the best deals on the market.


Whole of Market Products


Get the best mortgage from 1000's of deals


impartial advice!


Friendly personalised Service

Buying a Home

Are you looking to move home?

When moving home finding the right mortgage and arranging it quickly is essential. Our expert advisers can help you get the best deal that’s right for you and also help you with the following:

  • Discover how much you could afford to borrow and the fees you will pay
  • Source the best options from the market not just your current lender
  • How much your monthly mortgage payments are likely to be

Don’t forget the importance of impartial advice!

You may be tempted to go back to your existing lender however it is important to remember they will only be able to tell you about their mortgage products. There could be a better option for you with another lender potentially saving you money.


Why Remortgage?

Your existing mortgage deal may be coming to an end and your about to move onto the lenders standard variable rate which could result in an increase in your monthly mortgage payments.

Remortgaging before your term ends could potentially save you money by switching to another deal or another lender. There are plenty of reasons why you might want to consider a remortgage, perhaps you want to cover the cost of home improvements or pay off more expensive debts.

Buy to Let

Whether you’re becoming a landlord for the first time or you’re looking to expand an existing portfolio you will need to take out a buy to let mortgage rather than a standard residential mortgage. A buy to let mortgage is specifically for people who are buying a property to rent out to a tenant or tenants.

How do buy to let mortgages differ from residential mortgages? :

  • Interest rates are usually higher on buy to let mortgages compared to residential
  • Whereas for residential mortgages your deposit could be as little as 5% of the property value you will have to pay at least 25% for a buy to let mortgage.
  • Unlike a standard mortgage, where the amount you can borrow is linked to your income, with a buy to let mortgage, the lender will instead look at how much rent you could make from the property on which the mortgage is secured.
Interest Only Mortgages

With this type of mortgage you are only paying interest each month. This means that although your payments will be lower, the amount you borrow will still be outstanding at the end of the mortgage term. You’ll need to make alternative arrangements to pay off the mortgage to avoid the property having to be sold, such as taking out an ISA.

Equity Release

Equity Release products are designed for people over 55 to take cash value from their homes without having to move. There is a wide range of Equity Release products which can provide a valuable source of income for some people.

These schemes allow the borrower to stay in their home and benefit from the cash released from the equity of their property until certain events occur for example moving into long-term care or death. At this point the lender will be repaid, usually through the sale of the property.

There are different types of Equity Release Scheme, some of which mean ownership or part-ownership of the property passes to the Equity Release provider and others where a cash sum is drawn from a promise to repay the lender on the sale of the property. It is important if you are considering an Equity Release scheme to understand the differences between these scheme types and this is something we can help you with.

Equity release can be very useful in some circumstances but it is essential to seek advice on whether it is suitable for you. We will help you understand if it is the right option for you, so please get in touch if you are considering an Equity Release scheme. We are experts in this market and will make sure you receive the right advice.


Lifetime Mortgages

If you take out a lifetime mortgage, you are taking out a loan secured on your home which does not need to be repaid until you die or move into long-term care.

Unlike other types of Equity Release scheme, your home still belongs to you but you are obliged to repay the loan when certain conditions are met – death, moving into long-term care or if the terms of the mortgage are broken.

The lender can give you a lump sum or you can withdraw funds in stages. Interest is paid on this amount on an on-going basis or the interest can be ‘rolled up’ and paid together when the loan is repaid.

The loan is repaid from the proceeds of your home when sold. If there is any surplus from the sale it would be available to your beneficiaries or estate. If the value of the property is lower than the loan and interest which as accrued it is usual to have agreed a ‘no-negative-equity’ guarantee with the lender so that you would not have to pay back the value of your home.

As with all Equity Release schemes it is very important to get advice on whether the scheme is right for you. Please talk to us to find out more and ensure you get the advice you need.

Bridging / Short-term finance
Bridging loans are a short term funding option typically used by property buyers to ‘bridge’ the gap when buying a new property and waiting for a traditional mortgage to be approved or capital to be released from the sale of their current home.

Bridging Loans are most commonly used to help fund a new house purchase while you’re waiting for your existing property to sell. Bridging loans can also be used for a variety reasons such as major structural home improvements, divorce, inheritance planning, renovation projects or auction properties.

Secured Loans
“A secured loan is a loan whereby a borrower pledges some asset (commonly property) as security against the loan”
With a secured loan you can usually borrow from £3000 to £100,000, some lenders will consider lending up to £500,000. The amount borrowed is repaid monthly over a term agreed at outset, which will usually range between 3 and 25 years.
Secured Home Loans
We understand that there are times when funding is required and due to our relationship with a wide network of lender’s we are often able to arrange the finance or loan you are looking for.


Whole of Market Products


Get the best protection from 1000's of deals


impartial advice!


Friendly personalised Service

Life Insurance

A Term life insurance plan is the most basic form of life insurance and is usually the cheapest way to insure your life. It covers you for a fixed period and pays out a one off lump sum if you die during the policy term. 

With some term insurance policies you can add additional options, for instance critical illness cover. If you do add on critical illness cover, the plan will pay out once on diagnosis of a qualifying critical illness or if you die during the term of the policy.

Critical Illness Cover

A Critical Illness plan is designed to pay out a lump sum on the diagnosis of certain specified illnesses. It is often ‘bolted on’ to a life assurance policy as an additional benefit but can also be a standalone plan.


Income Protection

An Income Protection plan is designed to pay out a regular income in the event you are unable to work due to an accident or illness. These types of plans continue to pay out an income as long as you are unable to return to work up until the end date of the policy (typically your normal retirement age). 

This type of plan is quite often seen as the foundation of any financial planning as it is likely that other plans will have to be given up if you do not have sufficient income coming into the household.


Leave your loved ones more.

There are many reasons to consider putting your life insurance into a trust, including protecting your beneficiaries from inheritance tax or helping to avoid probate.

Did you know that the money you leave to your loved ones from a life insurance policy may be subject to inheritance tax as it is included as part of your estate?

By placing your life insurance policy into a Trust today, you can help make sure that your beneficiaries avoid inheritance tax so they can receive the money you intended to leave them.

Redundancy Cover
You never know what’s around the corner
None of us can predict when redundancy, an accident or sickness may strike – but there’s a simple way you can get peace of mind.
Protect more than your mortgage or rental payments
A Short-Term Income Protection insurance policy typically runs for 12 months and has to be renewed every year. It can help you to maintain your standard of living if you can’t work due to an accident or sickness or if you become unemployed through no fault of your own (involuntary unemployment).
You could receive up to 65% of your gross monthly income for up to 12 months, protecting more than just your mortgage or rent payments and helping you to meet your other financial commitments.
Family Income Benefit
A type of insurance called family income benefit (FIB) can help to provide a regular income for your dependents.
Most families, couples or co-habitants rely on at least one regular monthly salary to cover regular household spending. How would your household replace this if one partner died?
For peace of mind, many people choose a type of family life insurance called family income benefit (FIB).
Buildings Insurance
If you have a mortgage, your lender will insist that your property (and their security) is protected by buildings insurance. It usually pays out if your property is destroyed by fire, floods or subsidence (although you will need to check if you live on a flood plain, for example). Damage to fixed fittings such as baths and kitchens are often included, as well as sheds, greenhouses and garages.

You might be offered buildings insurance when you take out your mortgage, but you don’t have to take what’s on offer. Use the key policy information to shop around and get the best deal for you.

If you purchase a leasehold property (such as a flat in a block of flats) the freeholder may have arranged buildings insurance for the whole block, in which case you may not need your own buildings policy.

What isn’t covered?
Your cover is based on what your home would cost to rebuild. You can check whether you have enough buildings insurance through the Building Cost Information Service (BCIS) website. It has an online tool to help you calculate the sum you should insure your building(s) for, in case your home has to be entirely rebuilt.

You need to tell your insurer if you extend your property, for example with a loft conversion or conservatory. Your belongings are not covered – these need to be covered separately with contents insurance – see Contents insurance.
Keeping costs down
As always, shop around. You may also find that you get a better deal if you buy buildings and contents insurance together. Most policies have a standard excess charge which means you agree to pay the first part of any claim, for example the first £50 or £100. If you agree to pay a higher excess you might get a cheaper policy. Always compare what’s covered by a policy, not just the price – the key policy information will help you do this. Some might be cheaper than others, but they may not offer the same level of protection.

Benefits can include:
• Accidental Damage Cover
• Building Cover
• No Claims Discount
• Legal Liability
• Metered Water
• Loss of rent or costs for alternative accommodation

Contents Insurance
What’s it for?
It covers the loss of or damage to the contents of your home. This includes your furniture, electrical goods and other items within your home. Some policies cover you for items you take outside, for example cameras, jewellery and briefcases. Different policies offer different levels of cover but generally you’ll be covered against theft and fire, and have the option to insure against damage you may cause by accident. It is always vital that you thoroughly read and understand the full policy terms and conditions.

If not already covered by your contents insurance, you may want to consider travel insurance for loss or damage to your personal belongings whilst travelling. For more information see Travel insurance.

What isn’t covered?
Anything beyond the maximum amount your insurer says they will pay, and it may pay a maximum amount on single articles. You’ll need to specify the value of the contents. Some companies have limits on the value of any one item under the general policy so you’ll need to specify individual items such as expensive jewellery or camera equipment, for example. Your cover may also be affected or cancelled if you leave your home empty for a long period of time, or if you let it out. Damage to the building itself is also not covered; this needs to be covered separately with Buildings insurance – see Buildings insurance.

Keeping costs down
Many insurers will offer discounts if you have a burglar alarm, window locks or if you’re a member of a Neighbourhood Watch scheme. You may also get a deal if you combine contents and buildings insurance.

Most policies have a standard excess charge which means you agree to pay the first part of any claim, for example the first £50 or £100. If you agree to pay a higher excess you might get a cheaper policy.

Always compare what’s covered by a policy, not just the price – the key policy information will help you do this. Some might be cheaper than others, but they may not offer the same level of protection.

Level of cover
Some contents insurance policies offer new for old. This means they’ll replace old damaged appliances and possessions with new ones when you claim.

Bear in mind that your premiums may increase the following year, or the insurance company may refuse to cover you for the same risk if it happens more than twice, for example.

Benefits can include:
• Accidental Damage Cover
• Credit Card Misuse
• Deeds, registered bonds and personal documents
• No Claims Discount
• Domestic outbuilding contents (other than garages)
• Door lock replacement
• Frozen food
• Garden
• Gold, silver, jewellery and furs
• Money
• Seasonal / Wedding increase info

Landlords Insurance
Landlords insurance for buildings and contents may include as standard:
• loss or damage arising as a result of fire, storm, flood, falling trees, theft, malicious acts or vandalism
• your loss of rent or for providing alternative accommodation for the tenant following damage caused by an insured event.
• legal liability as owner of the buildings for causing injury to others or for damage to their property
• home emergency cover – for call-outs or repairs if you have an emergency.

Contents only cover is only available in circumstances where the buildings is tied to another insurer, such as in the case of a leasehold flat.

Landlords Insurance additional cover options
You can tailor your policy with the following optional cover:
• buildings accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants to cover you for incidents such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting a foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft and malicious damage by your tenants.
• contents accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants so you don’t have to worry about things such as spills on carpets and malicious damage by your tenants.
• legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters cover insures you for irrecoverable costs and fees to pursue or defend claims involving breach of tenancy agreement and unpaid rent.

Please note that Landlords Insurance is designed to cover certain unforeseen events and doesn’t cover everything. It does not cover things like general wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over a period of time. There is also an excess on each claim.


“Kate assisted us in a recent house purchase, providing sound information and advice at all stages of the purchase.

Things didn’t go smoothly, but through the process it did feel like Kate was actually the only one who was trying to help us at all times.  The other “professionals” involved seemed to be constantly negative presenting one problem after another, Kate come to us with solutions, not problems!  Kate went above and beyond what we were expecting of her, going out of her way to help us at a very stressful time!

We would have no issues recommending Kate’s services to our best friends and anyone else who is in need of mortgage assistance!”


“We used Kate to get a specialist mortgage, we were very impressed with her professionalism and her enthusiasm in finding us the right mortgage product. Having been daunted in trying to understand the whole mortgage process Kate made it really easy-And she’s lovely! She kept us updated as to the progress of our application and was always able to answer any question big or small. We have used her again on our remortgage recently. We would recommend her services.”


“Kate is very polite prompt and provides excellent mortgage advice for both residential and buy to let.
We would not hesitate to contact her again if need be.”


“We turned to Kate after being rejected for several mortgages (mainly due to us being self employed). Not only did she find us an amazing deal on a mortgage, she stepped above and beyond her role and ended up supporting us through what turned out to be a long and complicated move.

She helped us with solicitors, decoded jargon (constantly), and fought our corner. She is warm and approachable and was always available to ease our anxieties. She is so professional and knowledgeable but never gave us the “hard sell” which was very important to us following bad experiences with brokers in the past.

Thank you Kate, we said it every day at the time and we say it again now “we couldn’t have done it without you!”


Leave me a message

Details submitted through this form are confidential. We will process any personal information collected in this form in accordance with our Privacy Notice. The information therein is used only to contact you to discuss the areas you've expressed an interest in.

Please note the contents of this form is sent via email and therefore may not be secure.

Telephone: 01270 845 345

Mobile: 07493 094 940

Email: kate@mymortgagebrokers.co.uk





My Mortgage Brokers Cheshire Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Register No 814758. Registered in England and Wales No: 11395070. Registered Office: 24a Charles Street, Hoole, Chester, CH2 3AZ Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring.

close slider

Leave me a message

Details submitted through this form are confidential. We will process any personal information collected in this form in accordance with our Privacy Notice. The information therein is used only to contact you to discuss the areas you've expressed an interest in.

Please note the contents of this form is sent via email and therefore may not be secure.